So I was just reminded of what one of my friends told me a few months ago... "Katie, you should start a blog and put all of your great deals on it." What kind of deals you may ask?? I love the chase of quality things at WAY discounted prices. I love stores like TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning, Southeastern Salvage. Any place where I can go in and scavenge for the "find". I like to think of this as a "gift", but Scott likes to think of it more as a curse. He says that the best sale is the one that you don't buy. But when I tell all my friends about the last best buy I made, they get just as excited as I do, so I am going to go with it is a gift!!!
So I have decided to let you in on a few of my favorite spots! I am sure that you have heard of some of them, but for the others who have not here you go...
1. The TJ Maxx in Hoover on Highway 31: Ok, this place is one of my FAVORITES!!! There is a Homegoods right next store which makes it even better. I remember my mom bringing my sister and I into TJ when we were younger and I hated it. But my feelings have changed and it really is the motherload!!! I have been into many a TJ and this one is the best I have ever been in, (next to the one in Chicago, thanks Wellon). They have started carrying a Runway section that has top designers at FABULOUS prices. They have jeans too, Sevens, Hudsons, Paper Denim, and many more right now at great prices way below any boutique or department store. But the best part is that they have a few clearance racks of the Runway collection, my latest purchases have been a Bagley Mischa dress for $34.00 and a Vera Wang Lavender Label cardigan for $29.99. CRAZY DEALS!!! Also, besides the Runway section, they usually always have a great dress, for some reason they price Laundry dresses at $29.99. But I don't mind one bit!!
2. Tuesday Morning: Ok, this is one that is VERY hit or miss. But there has been a few times that I have walked in and taken a look and thought that I had found some pretty great treasures. They have WAY discounted cooking items. From Kitchen Aid to Le Creuset they have it all, at prices that would make you jump out of your seat. Their sheets are wonderful, and they have a great variety of colors and sizes (but wait til later for my sheet find)! My best purchase from Tuesday Morning has been my lamp that is in our den. I had been looking at it for quite a while, and after Christmas with a little extra cash. I got it, it was a $500.00 lamp that I got for $99.99. I walked out of their that day a happy lady with a great lamp!!
3. Southeastern Salvage: This is one of my newest finds in Birmingham. I went here because someone at work told me that they had a great deal on sheets. I got there and found way more than sheets (even though I got either 800 or 900 count Queens size sheets for $29.99). While walking around I realized that they have beautiful high quality and unique tables, mirrors, lamps, light fixtures, doors, home decor and much, much more. We needed a new mirror for our bathroom and I found one that I really loved for $59.99. What a steal!
3. GardenRidge: While you are in the neighborhood of Southeastern Salvage in Irondale drive next door to Gardenridge. This has been a recent addition to my list as well. This place is HUGE!!! They have everything from umbrellas, to picture frames, inexpensive purses and wallets, to yard furniture, on to pillows, and a huge variety of pictures and picture frames for the walls and tons more that goes on and on... This place takes a lot of time because there is so much to look at. You can for sure get lost in this joint. But worth the drive and I am sure that everyone can come out with an inexpensive treasure.
4. The Warehouse: Quite sketchy I know, I am not to sure about the real name of this place. I found out about this place from one of the mom's at Canterbury and it is a great one. There is a clothing company that is based out of Birmingham, called Lush. It is sold in boutiques across the country and I have seen it in many stores in Birmingham. Well, the owners put all of their old merchandise out ONLY on Tuesdays from 8 until 5, for customers to come and shop. And the prices are between $10.00 and $30.00. Most of their stuff is jersey dresses and tops. You have to try things on in the bathroom, but don't worry they have a mirrior,I promise this place is so worth it! They are located on 2nd Ave. North right before Niki's West. It is a warehouse building on the left. If you need any more information about this one let me know.
5. Kid's Consignment Sales: I am sure that most of you moms out there know all about this one. But since some of my friends are newer moms, this is something that I have just come across. I feel like it really is an underground world. Whenever I have gone to one of these sales for my friends, it seems like every mom in Birmingham knows that it is going on. But the prices really are unbelievable for all age children. When my "mom time" comes, I will be one of the undergrounders as well!
So I hope that this has been as fun for you as it has been for me!! If you have any great deals, please pass them on and share. As you can tell, I get pretty excited about a new find. Let's just not tell Scott!! =)